Sunday, August 12, 2012

Glimpse

It seems like just yesterday that I took this picture of myself...

 
But no, it wasn't yesterday. 

This photo was actually taken circa 1988 when I was about 12 years old. 

I was going through a "don't smile at the camera" phase,
and now I look back on pictures from that time and laugh. 

It's funny how time changes things.. how time changes almost EVERY thing.

Then one afternoon as I was watching my son shoot basketball hoops in our backyard, I caught a glimpse of my former self.  I couldn't help but notice the look on his face as the sun shone down on him so I ran in the house to grab my camera, came back out, and snapped this photo. 

I put the two pictures side by side to provide just a glimpse at life through innocent eyes



No full expression 
No full struggle
No full understanding either

Just a glimpse
back to days when I was still trying to figure out

who I was
who God was
and how it was

that I fit into His plan

I now know that

Learning is a lifelong process

and God only allows us to see just a glimpse at a time
(because any more than that might prove to be just too overwhelming)

He's smart that way
He's good that way

So now...

this phase of my journey is teaching me to cherish these moments shared
because one day I will look back and realize that

my entire life was...

just a glimpse

1 comment: