Thursday, September 27, 2012

Most Blessed

Living a life of gratitude and grace is about taking time to see the beauty within...

each day
each person
each thing with which we have been most blessed.

It is about realizing that we are blessed because of the Blessed One,
and that we honor his blessings by noticing them.

Well this morning I noticed.

Olive oil on the kitchen table that I know for sure had been...

poured
portioned
prayed over

in preparation for the "Brotherhood Men's Retreat"


I said a silent "thank you"

as I considered each person that would be impacted by that oil,
which I know for sure had been "blessed"

I said a silent "thank you" for every

family
husband
father
mother
child

that would be covered with blessings

"These are the things I don't want to take for granted"

children eating chocolate chip waffles at a table covered in blessed oil
children happily quoting Bible Verses they've memorized with help
children being raised together with...

a praying man
a God-fearing man
an imperfect man, my husband

who I know for sure has met and communed with

a praying man
the God-Man
the perfect man, Christ Jesus

And what I know for sure, is that

this oil
this house
this family

is "Most Blessed"

1 comment: