Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Stop and Smell the Roses

My son took this picture of me last year
while we were on vacation...



We were sitting in the lobby waiting for the rest of our group to meet us, and he asked for my camera.  I was uncertain, but handed it to him anyway. 

Then he noticed the flowers sitting on a small table between us,
and asked if I would take a picture holding them because...

"Mom, they match your dress"

(only thing...I was wearing a skirt)

Then he surprised me when he asked for me to stop and smell them

                             
"What does a (then) 9 year old boy 
know about stopping to smell the roses?"

And there it was...

Isaiah 11:6 "...and a little child shall lead them." 

(Yes, God will restore all order in His time)

So today on this National Day of Remembrance I want to implore you to...

hold the ones that you love dearly,
thank the Lord above,
let a child lead you,

and take time to stop and smell the roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment