Thursday, November 1, 2012

When Its Time To Thank God For Your Name in Lights...

Ever had a moment when you realized that you'd forgotten something important?

Ever had...

a flashback?
a memory?
a brief recollection of an incident that occurred YEARS ago?


Well, last night I had one of those moments... again

My hubby had given the children "glow sticks"
turned off all of the lights in our home
and I was providing the lovely sound effects

Then just as we were enjoying a "family/ pre-bedtime/ glow-in-the-dark light show" it happened...

The glow stick split open
sending my daughter into panic mode
as glow juice dripped onto her clothes and skin.

"Is it poison, Is it POISON!?" she asked hysterically.

(Hmmm?  Good question, bad timing... I thought to myself)

"Go wash it off and change clothes" I instructed her,
and as she headed upstairs what I said next shocked even me. 

"Don't worry, it's not poison.  I accidently swallowed some of that stuff one time when I was about your age.  I'm still here."

and I had forgotten about that incident until I heard the words actually leaving my mouth 

which left me to wonder

How many other amazing things have I forgotten? 
How many other moments of gratitude and grace have I let slip away?
How many other times have I forgotten to say "Thank you"?

And so...

for this and all of those other times I may have forgotten
or not known to say it... 

"Thank You, Jesus!" 

You are awesome and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be

enjoying
laughing
sitting

here

with (half) my name in lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment