Monday, February 11, 2013

Do You Know What Today Is?... It's Our Anniversary!




















On February 12, 2000
13 years ago today

An Earthquake brought us together

Well, not exactly...

But on June 28, 1992
There was a 6.5 quake in Big Bear

that shook the Earth

and still trembling led me right into church that Sunday morning.


















A year and a half later on January 17, 1994
There was a 6.7 quake in Northridge

that shook the Earth

and led your sister right into that same church.





















Two years later on March 24, 1996

you followed her there,

she introduced us...
we shook hands...
and I'm almost certain that I felt the Earth shake

Well that was almost 17 years ago, and the Earth has not stop shaking.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched you teach our Sunday School class yesterday. 

You were so excited about this quarterly theme, "The Scarlet Thread",
and as I listened to you I was proud that you were mine.  I silently admired your growth and maturity, and thanked God for shaking the Earth (twice) to bring us together.

And then I remembered reading that...

when Jesus died back on Calvary
There was a quake

that shook the Earth.

So the way I see it,

God really did shake us together

and every time situations, circumstances, or life tries to "shake us",

with His grace we always manage to come out

better...
stronger...
closer...

"Happy Anniversary, Winst!"

No comments:

Post a Comment