Friday, April 5, 2013

The Same Black Dress (Part 2)

Early this week I shared with one of my coworkers how the "Dress For Change" consumerism project had captured my attention.  When I told her that I would be wearing the same dress every day she suggested that I refrain from telling the other ladies, and wait to see how many days it took anyone else to notice. 

Well today marked the end of the work week, and I have worn

the same "little black dress" to work
everyday this week
and no one noticed



I know this because today when I asked them, they were clueless.

I pulled out my camera to show them pictures from the week and they were shocked.

Even the coworker who knew about the dress said that she would have never noticed because of the way that I changed it up each day with accessories

I had to shake my head in disbelief at the erroneous number of times
I have complained of "nothing to wear"

Nothing
to wear

I realize not that what I should've been saying all these years is that
I have "too much to wear"

So many options
Too many options

But I love how living a life of gratitude and grace

brings lessons

quiet
subtle

lessons

that promote

insight
new perspective
growth
maturity

and this "Dress For Change" has shown me that...

"Nothing to wear" simply doesn't exist for us

and I should never

even think

of muttering those words ever again!

(See pictures below of how we wore it)

Day 3- 

Me...

"Little Black Dress" worn as a foundation under another Sheer Dress
Black Vest

Moriah...

"Little Black Skirt"
Rainbow Checkered shirt



Moriah even painted her nails to match the colors in her rainbow checkered shirt!
 
Day 4- 

Me...

I wanted to wear my favorite earrings (from my local Dollar store)
so I built the outfit around them pairing two shirts on top of my
"Little Black Dress"

Moriah...

"Little Black Skirt"
Black and pink leggings
"Dream, Love, Smile" T-shirt



Check out our end of week review here!



2 comments:

  1. Your blog was linked to another blog I stumbled upon, and I just want to say, "I enjoyed reading." Your challenge with your daughter to wear the same black dress each day for a week definitely reminds me just how very blessed and spoiled we are. I am trying to be more thankful for for what I have, and not focus on what I don't have. Great job on the challenge, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy! It's been over two years now, but this black dress continues to be one of my greatest lessons in gratitude and grace. I could have never anticipated any of this...

    ReplyDelete