Wednesday, May 8, 2013

From Whiner to Winner

I cried a lot as a young child

My family reminded me of that fact a few weeks ago when we were all together watching old home videos from the 70's.  I often wonder if the reason I entered into early childhood education is because of the fact that I cried a lot as a young child.

And then... the night that my daughter was born she came into the world screaming her lungs out

She cried a lot, like her mother...


But just a few nights ago I overheard her praying

"Lord if I don't get this, I know it's because you
have something else for me."

And in that moment

she surrendered
she went from whiner to winner

(as I stood in the hallway just outside of her room and cried)

But now the tears that fall are those of

gratitude
gratefulness
great joy

for God's grace

because I realize that with Him
I've finally learned to cross the path

from whiner to winner!

(And yes, He answered her prayer... she made the team!)



1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwww that was soooooo beautiful...Congrats Moriah..what team did she make?? Hailee and Caden miss yall we have to meet up this summer

    ReplyDelete