Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Enemy You See (Part 2)

I had just finished writing this post
when I suddenly received (part 2) of this lesson

It was the last day of school, and I had promised the kids
that I would come enjoy lunch with them

When I arrived, I parked around the corner
and began walking back toward the campus

I suddenly stopped in my tracks because something was different

I looked around and realized 
that the tree was missing!

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up because I knew for sure
there had been a tree there before

It was...

the tree that I'd encountered the first day of school
the tree whose roots had pushed the sidewalk up, causing me to fall
the tree that I wrote about here

and I had to smile because

here on the last day of school
the tree that had tripped me on the first day of school

was suddenly...

missing
gone
removed
uprooted

And not only was the tree missing,
the sidewalk had been repaved leaving no trace of my experience...



"and the enemy that you see today, you will see no more"

1 comment:

  1. This. Post. Right. Here! Hallelujah. Love it. What tripped us up in the past is GONE....love this so very much and needed it so very much!

    ReplyDelete