Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hide Me

Watching my son and his younger cousin play "hide and seek" this morning was hilarious
 
 
(click here for a snippet of "Hide Me")

The younger...
(who has yet to understand the concept of the game)

could not stay put long enough to conceal his hiding place

while the elder...
(played along, pretending to be surprised, upon "finding" the restless younger)

I could hear them roaming throughout the house, and when they found their way into my room

I tried to help...
wanted to help...

the younger learn how to find and keep his position a secret from the seeker

But I realized a lesson like that only comes with
time
patient practice
experience

And that it is two lessons really...

Learning to find a valid hiding space
and
Learning to be quiet while in that space

It is impossible to teach 37 years worth of hiding knowledge to a 3-year old in a moment

But if he only knew...

that there is a perfect hiding place



My first trip to "The Grand Canyon"

A place within a place...

that can be hidden inside of

a word
a song
a moment of quiet reflection

And I'm glad that I've found that place

A place in plain view
where I can remain hidden

while learning to be

still
quiet
in the moment

not anticipating

which direction He will show up
which direction He will take me next,

but just learning to

go with the flow
relax, enjoy, and hide

in the beauty of His presence

Psalm 91

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Cousin! It is three years to the date and I am still learning this lesson.

      Delete