Saturday, July 27, 2013

Under His Wing

I have enjoyed a beautiful week of

rest
relaxation
reflection
















vacationing with close friends and family
children laughing and playing nearby
helping me celebrate another year of life

I am so blessed

Last night I packed all of our things and was prepared to head home,
with a heart full of gratitude and gratefulness

Until they found me...

anger and frustration
pushed their way into my hotel room at 3am, forcing me awake
two hours, too soon

Music blasting
TV glaring
Lights and noise everywhere

The intruders caught me by surprise which caused my defenses to immediately go up and I

felt like fighting
felt like making someone feel my wrath
felt like showing them who was the boss

so I did...

by forcing myself to do that which I did not want to do

I peacefully surrendered, dressed, and sat with my small travel Bible open to Psalm 91...

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High,
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty..."

Later at the airport

it took one... two... three... four tries through the metal detector
before being cleared with just enough time to run directly onto the plane

Smooth take off
Relaxed breathing
Worship song spilling forth





















Book in hand
Settling into 14F; window seat
inspired

as a closer look at the wing subtly introduced

the lesson
the instruction
the inspiration for the day



It read...

"Do not walk outside this area"

I am sitting under the wing, and I am more than just the girl in 14F
I am so blessed and

my mind drifted back to what I had read that morning
 















cause even though the turbulence is worse when we're down in the clouds

I can't help but notice that...

there is beauty
there is glory
there is joy

under the wing

So I dare not walk outside of this area

No comments:

Post a Comment