Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Aftermath

It must have happened sometime between midnight and 3am...
My feet got cold so I moved in closer

When he felt me shivering he pulled me in, and asked "what's wrong?"

"It's..
so...
cold"

I mumbled, still half asleep

"Well here, put these on..."
he said pulling off his socks and handing them to me

and I

didn't realize
didn't remember

until later when I fully woke and wondered...

How did I end up in his socks?

And then the faded memory became clearer...

We've celebrated the birth of Christ and what
His presence
His present

really means...

how God unrobed
became a man and died
so that we might be clothed!

He said
"Here, put this on"
"Wear my garment"
"I'm here now, I'll hold you close and protect you from this cold world"

And then we wake to find that the entire family has also
been affected
been changed

and that a new perspective has been gained...

from the child who once stayed indoors

who now heads out to glory in a new day...

to the highly active, "never-sit-down" child 
who comes inside to find a quiet place to worship...

He's caused a change...
and maybe it happened sometime between midnight and 3am

because I woke this morning clothed...

and thanking God for
His presence
His presents

and the realization that this is more than just

Christmas aftermath

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you... it was so awesome to see my kiddos switch spots and my hubby and I got to trade kids for once!

      Delete