Sunday, December 8, 2013

Holiday Love... It's Gift Giving Time

Christmas Day is quickly approaching and we are committed to
finding and sharing tips for simple, stress-free holiday gift giving

We started with...

1.  Give something festive
2.  Give something of a shared interest
3.  Give to a stranger
4.  Give something that can become a tradition

5. Give Something Inspirational

Like a good book...
Nick Vujicis's "Unstoppable"

A good album...

New Album CONTAGIOUS
"Contagious" by Terron Brooks 

 or an inspirational movie like...
  
the 2000 release "Pay It Forward"
featuring Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt, and Haley Joel Osment

 Poster of Pay It Forward

This year, I have been embracing my inner artist so I decided to use water colors to paint over one of my favorite new quotes.  I tied a ribbon to it, and will hand deliver it to that special someone this Christmas Season... and Voila!  It doesn't get much easier than that! 

Like I've said before...

"When you use what you have
to do what you love,
that my friends,
is true art"

-Tondra Denise

  
6. Give Something from a Child

One of the little artists who frequents our Children's Art Studio asked to make something for her mom and my mouth dropped in awe when I saw what she was working on...

Bible verses
(from a 7-yr.old)

about
"obeying your parents"

and
"doing whatever your hands find to do"


So we framed her work
put a pretty red ribbon on it
to give to her mom for Christmas 

And when her mom saw it?

Her mouth dropped in awe too,
causing me to realize that you can't go wrong
when giving something that is from the heart of a child!



7. Give the Gift of your Talents

I've been singing and songwriting since I was 8 years old, but it actually took my 11-yr. old son to remind me that those talents are actually gifts

When I was asked to sing for our annual church youth dinner, I declined

"Nobody wants to hear me"
"I'm not a youth... I am a mother of youth"
"Let someone else have a chance"

Excuses...

Then a few days later when I was asked again he said,

"C'mon mom, I'll sing with you if you want me to"

But the truth of the matter is that I didn't need him to come on stage with me because

I actually do have
something to say
something to share

with other young men and women striving to live for God

So I will give the gift of my talents back to encourage anyone who will listen

Excuses be gone...

It's gift giving time!


Catch a snippet of the song here...

I will give the gift of my talents...

What gifts will you give this Holiday Season?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! That means so much coming from you because you give GREAT gifts... I still have the certificate you gave me for free house cleaning one year AND the box you filled with toppings for our ice cream sundaes! I'm still trying to figure out how to include those items into my top 20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet again, you've written something that I needed to read! I will share with you my special gifts when I finish. You've given me a very good idea!!

    And the song is still in my head from friday! Lol. Tyler pointed out that it was her,josh and myself in the background yelling "ayeeee" lol. Great job T!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Taylor! Yes Friday was a lot of fun, and Micah and I both agreed that it was the "ayeees" helped make the song!! Anyway, can hardly wait for the premiere of your special gifts... I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete