Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Take a Bow

It was the day of the Christmas musical and the Kindergarten class was up first...

I smiled when I saw my four students had been grouped together and placed center stage

"She did that for me"...
I stated out loud

"She did that so I could get them all in one picture"

I knew that she remembered they had all been

my students...
my babies...

and now my students
were her students

And when they started to sing
I smiled
because I could see them all

and I thought that she had given the best gift by grouping them all together like that

I thought that she had made my day...

until God (not willing to be outdone)
gave more

when as they finished the first song selection, the one that I had called my "Cuddle Bug"
stopped and took a bow

The other three looked at him and smiled
then appeared to look out to us in the audience

as we sat grouped together too

his mother
my mother
with me in the middle

then after the second song... he bowed again
the third song... he bowed
the grand finale... he bowed

and gave us all a good laugh while providing yet another lesson in gratitude and grace

This is what the season is all about

bowing in humility
and appreciation

for the best gift that has already been given

And so since the work is complete

all there is left to do
is sing the song...

and take a bow

(not because we are so great, but because we are so grateful!)

No comments:

Post a Comment