Friday, February 7, 2014

About Love... Trading in My Coffee Mug?

"Where's my COFFEE??"

I began to scream from the inside out
until what was silently spoken began to leak out...

I can't function without my coffee

I need coffee

You promised coffee

How do you expect me to work on a SATURDAY...
with no COFFEEEEE?

and moments later

my manager
and then next
my supervisor

each brought me a cup of the stuff that I was craving

and I was happy but wondering...

Is this what addiction feels like?

And my mind drifted back to the days when I used to drink
homemade fruit and veggie creations like...
"Morning Surprise"
Cucumber, Celery, Parsley, Pear, and a Pink Lady Apple (not pictured)

"My Breakfast Medley"
Spinach, Carrot, Strawberry, Orange


"Berry Blast"
Strawberries, Blueberries, Grapes, Carrot
"Pink Lady Delight"
Spinach, Tomato, Grapes, and 2 Pink Lady Apples
And if I remember correctly during those days
I also felt
better
lighter
(and I certainly wasn't screaming belligerently for coffee)
And so, I've decided that maybe a few days a week
I will trade in my coffee mug for...


"A Cup of Green Goodness"
Spinach, Kiwi, Banana, Pear, Pineapple


Because after all, you cannot truly celebrate love unless you are living at your best!

8. Be the Best You


(Click here to continue with the rest of the countdown...)

No comments:

Post a Comment