Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

He had a love for words...

the rhythm
the rhyme
the cadence
the chime

It is obvious that words were important to him 
And when I was young my parents double teamed me
to instill
a value
a passion
a love
for reading..
and words

My dad let me read to him and said...
"If you can read, you can learn to do anything"

My mom took me to the book store every Friday
to pick out a new book for my collection
and I became...
a reader
a writer
a lover of words
and later
an Early Childhood Educator to pass the love on

So today...
in celebration of Dr. Seuss's Birthday 

parents and educators everywhere
are being encouraged to READ!

And to not just read the book...


but to also
Extend the experience...


Homemade "Green Eggs and Ham"

Make it hands-on...

Our green version of Lisa Murphy's "clean mud"
and have fun!


Because you never know just what kind of love you are fostering in the life of a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment