Friday, March 21, 2014

So in Love

He caught me watching him

He was watching tv and
I was watching him

and when he noticed me watching,
he looked over and asked "What?"

and I smiled because when you're in love

sometimes just

watching
seeing
noticing

is enough

like when you bring your newborn baby home from the hospital and you watch him sleep...

or
when you see the children help one another with homework...

or
when you come home from work exhausted and notice

happy children
dinner on the table
and a clean kitchen

and you know that you're in love because you just can't stop
the noticing

and you're so grateful to have someone to

notice...
look at...
watch...

My daughter noticed a sprig of hope growing out of a tree in our front yard

she said...

"Today is the first day of Spring"



and as I looked
I remembered why I am so in love
and now I can't stop thinking about how this love affair came to be

He noticed and loved us first
then...

I fell in love with Him
then...

he fell in love with Him
then...

He introduced him to me
then...

he fell in love with me
then...

I fell in love with him

and now we're all in love because He loved us first!

And now that it's spring again, I just can't stop
singing
smiling
seeing

because I am so in love
and that sprig of hope reminds me that...

As long as we stay connected to the Tree,
our love will always keep right on growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment