Thursday, May 29, 2014

He's Just Cool Like That

We were experiencing "triple digit weather" and the forecast warned that it would get hotter

Our best line of defense, they said?

water
sunscreen
shade

and if at all possible stay inside an air conditioned building

Well, our air conditioning unit is an older model that died three years ago,
and I hadn't even missed it

until it was suggested that I would need it

(it's funny how that works)

So I began making plans on how to help the kids tough it out

a run through the sprinklers
sliced fruit
ice cold water


Then...

I arrived home from work
(on what was reported to be the hottest day that week)

and when I stepped inside I felt cool air blowing... THE AIR WAS ON!!!

I breathed a sigh of relief, thanking God for a hubby
who can fix just about anything that he puts his mind to

cars
bicycles
televisions
vacuum cleaners
washing machines

and obviously
even air conditioning units...

he's just cool like that!

and when he came down the stairs I thanked him for fixing the air, and the puzzled look
on his face let me know that he didn't have a clue what I was talking about

"I didn't fix the air... all I did was turn it on"

and in that moment I knew who had really fixed our air conditioner
and I slowly exhaled

"Wow, thank you Lord"



And as we sat to eat our dinner, we offered up a prayer
as I realized that there are so many things that we

care about
worry about
are concerned about

but at the end of the day we must remember that

God is concerned about us
and has gone to very extensive lengths to express His concern for us

So not only do we worship Him for who He is

Sovereign
Holy
Reverent

we also can't help but praise Him
simply because

He's just cool like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment