Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Turn Any House into a Home

They were

running
giggling
jumping

on the bed

and

I was allowing it
I needed to allow it

painted nails
blowing bubbles in the yard
running through the sprinklers

were all much needed for me this weekend

because when you're an adult woman with

responsibilities
work
the cares of life

sometimes

its good to remember what it was like
just to be a girl

and when you're an adult woman with
an inner child who feels like she's suffocating

sometimes

hearing little girls

play
laugh
giggle

is just the thing you need to breathe again

The little one came to inform me...

"We made a fort... We built a house... We made a home"

 


 
and I smiled when I saw how they

used a jump rope
tied to a bin
and stuffed into the pocket of a backpack

to hold their house together

If only it were that simple...
to hold a house together

But when these girls get together

there is fun
there is laughter
there is jumping on the bed

the perfect combination of friendship, girlhood, and sisterhood

and I am reminded that...

"Love can turn any house into a home"

1 comment: