Friday, June 27, 2014

Copyright Protected

I have been writing for as long as I can remember...
 
songs
poetry
other works of art
 
as the inspiration strikes
 
More recently, however, I have learned that I also enjoy sharing my thoughts/work through
 
art
books 
blogs
videos
 
and even in random everyday conversational moments
 
 
"Every good artist protects their body of work"...
a good friend of mine reminded me a while ago,
 
"It's okay if you want to share your ideas with others,
but don't forget to cover your baby"
 
And her reprimand slowed me a bit at first
 
because the copyright process
can be very
 
complicated
confusing
time consuming
 
and as I learned more
 
I had time to
 
think
read
remember
 
that Jesus also instructed His disciples to
 
go
tarry
wait
 
"until you receive"...
 
and they obeyed
none going out until after they received His promise
 
because... 
 
He didn't send them out until they were copyright protected!
 
And now that I have become more familiar with
 
writing/ copywriting
and copyright registration
 
I finally understand that
 
creating the work
submitting it
making the payment
waiting for confirmation
 
are important parts of the process
 
Copyright registration is not for the creator...
 
its for the body of work!
 
(because after all, I already KNOW that the work belongs to me!)
 
Copyright protection is how you know that it belongs to me...
 
and helps to lower the risk of having my work
 
duplicated
misrepresented
 
or falsely claimed by someone else...
 
"Every good artist protects their body of work"
 
and even THE Creator is not willing to compromise the integrity of
His body
of work
 
which is why He makes sure that we are first properly sealed
before sending us out into the world to be "seen and read of all men"
 
The indwelling of His Spirit is that final confirmation and 
He can then send us out confidently knowing that
 
we have been
 
sufficiently... 
authentically...
officially...
 
Copyright Protected!
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
So here's my ISBN(IS Born agaiN) 
06.28.1992.3:30pm
 
Do you have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment