Thursday, July 10, 2014

This Kid's Got Heart

We met up with our close friends at the park
to enjoy a lovely day of bike riding with the family
because it doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that...

4 kids + 4 parents + sunny holiday in Southern CA  = family bike day!


We started on one side of the park and
and when we reached the other side we stopped for

water
photos
and snacks packed for us by their littlest one

The sun was smiling
and as we rested under a shady tree to chat

my son took off his sweatshirt
allowing us to notice that he had sweat into...



the shape of a heart??

I had to look twice
and take the picture just to be sure because

I didn't even know that it was possible to sweat into the shape of a heart
and wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes...

But a few days later...
during the end-of-school awards ceremony

I listened as they called that heart-shaped sweating boy's name for...

Scholastic Achievement
(the Gold Award for straight A's)

Perfect Attendance

AND...

the Christian Character Award
(for the 6th year in a row!)

and

I am grateful that in whatever it relates to...

school
sports
spirituality
success

he is willing to give his best
put in his all
sweat his heart out



because he

wants to succeed
likes to win
is striving to hear "well done"

which is why

at the beginning
the end
and all day, every day

I know...
 
 
This kid's got heart!

 
(check out the launching of his new summer business!

No comments:

Post a Comment