Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What Kind of Fruit Do You Bear?

We were just leaving our State Capitol building when I noticed this tree...



healthy
bright
beautiful

bearing

full
ripe
fruit

A few steps further...

and remnants proved that some of the locals
(squirrels, I presume)

couldn't resist the allure of that fruit



A few steps more...

and I saw this rotten fruit



I stopped and walked back to the beginning of the trail to snap pictures of all three

There was a lesson there that I didn't want to miss

because all of us are just like that fruit
and can fall into one of three categories

Empty Fruit

are those who are not doing anything

worthwhile
productive
of lasting value

with their

lives
time
efforts

Empty fruiters are void and friendships with them will leave you feeling unfulfilled because

you simply can't get full from empty fruit


Rotten Fruit

is just nasty

you can't eat it even if you try because its rancid flavor will leave a bad taste in your mouth

Rotten fruit has spoiled
and if you ingest it, you will naturally regurgitate as a result

(such is the case of people who have outlived their shelf life or are out of season in your life)

you will die if you keep eating away at rotten fruit

But then there is...

Good Fruit

nutritious
refreshing
and full of nourishment

And today as I celebrate another year of life...

I can't help but

reflect
consider
wonder

just what kind of fruit
I am bearing

1 comment:

  1. Good fruit. Your messages are an inspiration and food (good fruit) for the soul. Thank you niecie and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete