Friday, June 26, 2015

Dream Big... or Die

It felt like a death

a slow invisible death

occurring in a room full of people
none of which who seemed to notice

I screamed

"Help me!"
"Can you hear me?"
"Somebody, please"

But everyone was focused on the power point presentation

and I realized that

who we are
who we each are

is God's gift to the world

He made us

special
different
unique

for a reason

but when you allow someone else's dream to become your reality it feels like a death

a painfully slow and invisible death

So with only five minutes left
I scribbled these simple words on a notepad...

"wake up, dream big, and live free
 because death ain't the only way to die"

 
 
It's time to wake up... and DREAM!

4 comments:

  1. That is powerful and oh so true! We often miss out on the life He has for us by trying to live out someone else's purpose and dream instead of focusing on how He made us and what He has for us! His ways are always good! Thanks for sharing these words with us! (Your neighbor at #fmf) Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rachel... His ways are always good! Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  2. Tondra,
    I'm visiting from Five Minute Friday. There is such depth to your post. I really like your quote. You are right. Death is not the only way to die. There are many people who are not living right now. You are a beautiful gift to the world! I'm so glad you are part of the linkup this week. You are beautifully and wonderfully made and He's using you uniquely with the people you are directly in contact with. Nobody else can do better at what He purposed you for.
    Love and hugs,
    Tammy (tammysincerity. I'm #54 in the linkup)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! This was my first week joining the link up... (I was "read only" up until now). But something about today's word just spoke to me.

      Delete