Monday, June 29, 2015

On The Quest to "Cure" Boredom... w/ a Sheet of Paper

Who knew that boredom could be "cured" the first week of summer with a quick trip to the library?


I mean, for years now I've been telling my children to...

get a book
pick up a book
read a book

and once they did...

they just

couldn't
wouldn't
didn't

put them down!

 
It was LOVELY

because for DAYS my house was soooo

quiet

and every time I turned around
I found them sitting in silence

reading
absorbing
enjoying

all of the goodness that books can bring

 
(these are the moments us moms live for)

It was almost too good to be true...
and I wondered what would happen once they finished their books

(we're going back for more, of course)

but I was also curious to see if having

time
space
opportunity

to create their own stories

would bring them just as much enjoyment as reading other people's work

I wondered...what they would do if given just a blank sheet of paper?

Then I remembered...

we had these blank books found a few months ago in the $1 zone of our favorite store


And when released with simple instructions to...

use what you have
ask for what you need

I waited to see if my children
would really be well on the path in their quest to "curing" boredom

once and for all!

Click here to follow along...

No comments:

Post a Comment