Monday, June 22, 2015

On The Quest To "Cure" Boredom...with a Trip to the Library

I honestly had no idea that some of you were waiting for this

until I realized
that I kept getting the same question

again and again...

"What are the kids up to this summer?"


Because last year we had fun with our summer lessons

as the children successfully

created
launched
sustained

a summer business

Color*full Creations
creating a life full of color

But when our house flooded late last summer...

we lost a lot
gained a lot
purged a lot

and my "Ten weeks to better business" plan was one of the things misplaced during the shuffle

and since I have not had the time (nor the energy)

to re-create that entire process
the kids didn't want to continue making bracelets
and I wasn't going to force them

I decided to just let them have a "free range" summer

Then...

when my mother texted me one day to let me know that

the neighborhood power was out
the children were bored
and were complaining of

"nothing to do"

I was...

shocked
astonished
appalled

because I honestly cannot remember the last time that I was bored

(and since school had only been out for one week)

I realized my children were going to need "some things" to do

some structure
some form

So this summer...

I'm sending my children out on a quest to "cure" boredom!

Up first? 

I released them into the library!

Click a link below to see what happened next

Curing Boredom... With a Sheet of Paper
Curing Boredom... Just Go Outside
Curing Boredom... At The Pool
Curing Boredom... In Vancouver, BC
Curing Boredom... Going To The Beach
Curing Boredom... Lets Learn To Sew
Curing Boredom... During Thanksgiving Break
Curing Boredom... This Holiday Season

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying for a relatively free range summer also, but throwing in bits of structure here and there. Some swim lessons in the mornings and my son does have karate classes still in the afternoons a few days a week. But I'm trying to leave that middle part open ended and just going with the flow. We'll see how long I last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jen, swimming is definitely on our list as well. Hope you enjoy a fun-filled summer while "going with the flow"!!

    ReplyDelete