Saturday, June 6, 2015

What My Heart Sings... "Touch The Sky"

It had surely been one of "those kind of weeks"...

You know the kind
that make you
 
wonder
pause
reflect
 
cry out
call out
fall out?
 
And by Day Three during one of "those kind of weeks"
you're certain enough to be at the point where you're willing to
 
do something
try something
seek something 

different...

so you tell God that you're ready

and when He doesn't respond

you
 
beg
plead
bargain

for Him to

say something
do something
move something

and it appears that

He's just stopped to look at you like you're a toddler
having a tantrum in the aisle at the grocery store

He's just stopped to look

and is standing there

patiently
waiting

until He quietly speaks and asks...

"You finished yet?"
  
and its not until then that you realize that its already Day Four

and that you're still on the floor

kicking
screaming
causing an unnecessary scene on Aisle 7
 
because He's

right here 
was here
is here
 
has been all along
 
simply waiting for you to
 
look up
reach up
fall down
 
believe
 
and touch the sky
 
__________________________________________ 
 
"Touch The Sky"
by Hillsong UNITED
 
My heart beating, my soul breathing
I found my life when I laid it down
Upward falling, spirit soaring
I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground
 

No comments:

Post a Comment