Friday, July 17, 2015

I Am Free

It's Five Minute Friday and so when I saw today's word... FREE

I immediately smiled
because I had just been thinking about that one word and my journey towards it

Quick recap...

At the beginning of 2015
I chose One Word to focus on for the year and it was...

FREE

Then just about a month or so ago
I wrote about being...

HAIR FREE

and then just this past Tuesday when our Family Feud episode re-aired,
I realized that I was finally over it! 

I am FREE!

(you can read the full story here )


because being free is not just a physical condition
it is a state of mind

and as far as the other...

regrets
failures
faded dreams

and

unrealized plans

are concerned...

you know what?

I am free
I am right where God wants me to be

and when He's ready...

He'll do
He'll move
He'll provide

while I simply stand with Him

COMPLETELY FREE!
(And I went a little over the five minutes... so guess I'm free from that too)

Here's a little song that we sing at our church...
 
I Am Free
Praise the Lord I'm Free
No longer bound
No more chains holding me
My soul is resting
It's such a blessing
Praise the Lord
Hallelujah, I'm FREE!

4 comments:

  1. Being free can definitely release you from tension, anxiety, etc., and just let you live. Glad you're feeling that way. Visiting from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - you KNOW I am going to go and click on that link because, Family Feud? How fun!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! Thank you Karrilee! Family Feud was super fun (a little traumatic at the end, though) But when you check out the link... please come back to let me know if you've ever seen our episode (it's aired about a dozen times or so now).

      Delete