Friday, July 3, 2015

My Favorite Pain

The things that I see everyday

the people I meet
the stories I hear

often cause my heart

to break
and bleed

as I wonder what the future will hold for you

So I pray...

every time

I hear of

crime
hate
violence

when I see someone

cry
scream
protest

I pray...

because I remember

the pain
the agony
the anguish

of bringing you into this world

and the immediate joy thereafter...

I never realized that loving someone could hurt so much


but,

"for the joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross"
 and because He loves us so

we became His favorite pain

and when I get home

you are there

watching
waiting
wondering...

"Mom, what's for dinner?"

before I've even had five minutes to sit and put my bags down

tired
restless
weary

I walk to the sink
wash my hands and
begin preparing our meal

because being your

mother
momma
mom

is by far...

my favorite pain

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that's good! I saw the title "My Favorite Pain" and I thought... I don't have a favorite pain... but I guess I do! :) Thanks for the perspective and encouragement! (Stopping by from #FMF) Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I was a little concerned that 5 minutes wouldn't be enough time to capture what my heart was really trying to say.

      Delete
  2. Tondra Denise, your post reminds me that loving requires sacrifice and can cause pain but striving to love as He loves us, is the noblest of goals. Visiting from FMF. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Loving IS sacrifice and is ironically enough, what we all want... and fear the most. Thank you so much for stopping by today and reminding me to "strive to love as He loves". I'm pretty sure that will take me a lifetime!

      Delete
  3. Tondra, thanks for visiting my page. Great post here. Prayer is such an amazing powerful thing isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Tara!! If I couldn't talk with God I don't know what I would do. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tondra,
    so much in so few words. Truly, I felt everything as you shared it. I really love your style of writing! And each of them was so worth that pain! Yes.
    I love that you compare Jesus' love to parental love. Thank you for coming over and visiting me too. Hope to see you again! (my reply is on my blog today-I was #5)
    Love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each worth that pain... Thank you Tammy!

    ReplyDelete