Wednesday, August 5, 2015

On The Quest To "Cure" Boredom... Going To The Beach

The kids are not the only ones...


enjoying
learning
experiencing

new things this summer

because this week we took a trip to the beach with the entire family


 

And although I have always lived in Southern CA
I have not always had an appreciation for the beach

the seaweed
the sand
the sea

are just not necessarily my favorites

but I went
and watched
and wondered

about how

Jesus calmed the sea
walked on water
met his followers

right there on a beach

And I had no idea...

that He had plans to also meet me right there on that beach
until my daughter showed me


as she

studied
examined
collected

and returned back to my side, smiling, and holding a bucket full of sand and shells


And I should have known...

that Jesus loves the beach
walking on water
speaking to the wind and waves

(and to me)

because I watched

as she took her shovel
held down her shells
and poured out the sandy water

And when I saw it, I looked up at her and smiled
and she smiled back

(although I'm not even sure she realized what she had just shown me)

because

in
that
moment

I finally realized that life is messy

We all have

water
sand
seaweed

and shells

all mixed together in our buckets

but the only way to fully

enjoy
appreciate
love your treasure

is if you are willing

to stop
to sort
to separate

your sand from
your shells
 
(click to continue on the quest to "cure" boredom)

1 comment:

  1. Loved this. The beach is not always an easy thing to love, but then I guess, none of us are sometimes.

    ReplyDelete