Friday, August 14, 2015

On The Quest To "Cure" Boredom... Let's Learn To Sew



I came out of the store...

smiling
quickly got in the car
and immediately pulled out my purchase

My husband looked over at me as he backed out of the parking space and asked...

"What is that?"


"Fabric remnants... your daughter wants to learn how to sew"

and I was excited because
I also learned how to sew by making doll clothes

a skill that has come in handy
a skill that I want to cultivate again
a skill that I want to teach BOTH of my children

(because I believe that boys should learn to sew too)

and I know that...

the best way to learn something new
is to attach it to something you love...
_____________________________

(Five Minutes is up... you'll have to come back later to see what we make)

4 comments:

  1. I love that you are teaching both of your kids how to sew. I gave my son (almost 17) a quick tutorial because he wanted to fix a seam in his pajama pants.
    I am planning on teaching some cooking and sewing this school year as part of our homeschool curriculum this year. My husband is going to teach some basic small engine repair. Both of my middle children, a boy and a girl, will get to learn from us.

    I hope you have fun teaching you kids how to sew. It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! "The best way to learn something new is to attach it to something you love." Parked over in the #12 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete