Friday, August 7, 2015

You Are Always Right... Here

I put my hand over my heart and sang along until tears streamed down
 
"You are welcome here..."
 
because when I was young
and vulnerable
 
I was told that all I needed to do was
 
open the door
ask you to come in
allow you to come in
 
and she was right
they were right
You were right
 
there...
 
And now many years have past and
 
we have history
we have memories
we have relationship
 
and so I smile as I sing along this Five-minute Friday
with my hand over my heart and tears streaming down
 
because You have done it again

proved
with

a sermon
a Scripture
a song

that You are always right...

here
___________________________________________
 
Holy Spirit
by Francesca Battistelli
 
Holy Spirit you are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory God is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by your presence Lord
 



10 comments:

  1. Your writing, more poetry, is beautiful. My heart resonates with your words. I to, find him here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words... and for stopping by today.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful. He is always right here, never far, just a breath away. Thankful to have stopped in from the FMF. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thank you for that... God is always "just a breath away"! I just thought about how God "breathed" into Adam... and how He continually "breathes" into us. (sounds like another blog post, for sure!)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. O the wonder of the truth that He is always, always present and when He said, "I will never leave you," He meant it. Visiting from FMF. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by... your comment made me smile because that Hebrews reference is my mother's favorite Scripture! She always reminds me of God's promise and I needed to hear it again today. Thank you for letting Him use you to bless my soul today!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful as always. Such a pleasure and a blessing to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tondra,
    this song! Yes!!! I've been singing it for a couple years now but her recording is one of my favorites. I loved how you linked your lines. Really, your writing is so artistic. It's delightful to read.
    Thank you again for coming to visit me every week. It means a lot!!
    Love,
    Tammy (#5 this week in the linkup)

    ReplyDelete