Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Proof That We Are... It's In The Blood

Her questions saved me...


I was just about to jump
(head first)

into the abyss of "what if's"

"What if I am wrong?"
"What if I cannot do this?"
"What if this is not what He's really called me to do?"

And then her questions saved me...

as I stood scrambling eggs at the stove
and she sat waiting

she asked...

"What if someone doesn't believe that I'm your daughter?"
"What if they don't think we look enough alike?"

to which I responded with two questions of my own...

"Well, are you really my daughter?"
"Does it matter whether people believe it or not?"

And after we had finished eating
as I stood rinsing the plates

her questions saved me...

because

I am His daughter

and all of those "what if's"

are irrelevant
distractions

because just as it doesn't matter

if some don't believe
or even question

whether or not we look enough alike

the proof is in

the birthing
the DNA
the Blood

I am His daughter

and being His daughter

is not something that I have to strive

to achieve
to attain
to become

it is quite simply...

just who I am
(1 John 3:2)


Who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment