Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Today I Held A Baby... (Not Your Typical College Lesson)

Today I held a baby...

sweet
small
precious

the newest member of our family

and as I noticed him

his status
his stature
his frame

I silently noted to myself...

This is love

May 18, 2015


And it had been on another day

(just like this one)

when I had pulled into the parking lot of a college campus
only to realize that I had no idea where I was going

But rather than humble myself to ask for help, I tried to avoid appearing too

vulnerable
desperate
lost and confused

(which ironically enough, is all the things that I was)

But there is just something about Him...

and the way that He

helps
holds
handles

us

even when we are

too small
too scared
too stubborn

to just stop and ask for help...

He sends it anyway

a familiar face appearing in the crowd to lead the way to our destination

(which would never have been found, being on the wrong side of campus and all)

And today as I held a baby...

sweet
small
precious

the newest member of our family

I remembered that to Him, I'm also family...

sweet
small
precious

and He carefully notices

my status
my stature
my frame

because

this is love...

He is love

and so today as I held and noticed a baby
I thanked God for the many ways

He continues to hold
and notice

me
__________________________


(Happy Birthday Little Cousin!)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! GREAT reminder for us "older" babes :)

    ReplyDelete