Friday, July 8, 2016

It Takes A Man... To Build A Man

It's Five-Minute-Friday
and I just wanted to let you know that I love you


and as I listen to the roofer's finish the job above me...

I notice that not all of those men are up on the roof
at least one guy stays down at all times

and I feel like him today

Your father and I came together to conceive you

but more
and more

I find myself standing down while I

watch the two of you
listen to the two of you

discuss things that I know nothing of

I remember when I knew everything that you knew...


every word
every song
every book
every experience
every part of your day

(I even knew and understood what you needed
before you did)

But now...

I sit
and listen
and learn

and wait for my turn



because even though I am your mother

I know that it takes a man

a special man
a certain man

to build a man

9 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.
    Your neighbor on Five Minute Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful post. It truly does take a special man to hold a man. I'm over in the #5 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully written. Your son is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is beautiful. As Momma to 2 teen boys, I fully understand every word. Grateful they have a godly example to build them up. Visiting from FMF. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You couldn't have said it better! Oh Lord our homes are in need of Daddy's. In the #40 spot today at fmf

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a profound post and an encouraging one. Your son is very blessed indeed. Thanks for sharing.
    visiting from #16 at FMF.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! God has truly smiled on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tondra,
    oh I'm so glad your sons have this relationship with their father! If I could grant one wish to America? It would be fathers reconciled to their children. I cherish my relationship with my dad. It's a gift that many do not have.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful, glorious post (and all the bonus pictures).
    And thanks as always for coming over to my space to visit, too. I love you!
    -Tammy
    (#7)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! We only have one son (and a daughter). I wanted to clarify because reading sons (plural) made me nervous! HA!

      Delete