Saturday, September 24, 2016

God's Faithful Five

I knelt to pray and lift up

those same two words
in that same spot

(this time more spilling out and one hand uplifted)

"thank you..."

for the ones who birthed me
and the ones whom I have birthed

because these five remind me that I am surrounded with love


the two who I am becoming like
the two who are becoming like me

(and the one with which I became one)

have each taught me so much about

living
loving
life

and have shown me the Hand of God

so as I pray I

lift one hand
five fingers

elevate it toward heaven to say 

"Lord, thank you for..."

my father
my mother
my husband
my son
my daughter

these five together

another demonstration of your powerful
and loving Hand

Oh God

because together
you faithfully use them

to pull
to lift
to hold

me up

1 comment: