Saturday, September 17, 2016

To My Mother-in-Law for the Days Ahead

You welcomed me into your family

with
open arms

and
only one request...

That I never stop loving your son

and I cannot even imagine

where...
why...
how...

I could ever stop loving him

because the truth of the matter is

he is easy to love
most days (smile)

And lately...

I have not been able to stop thinking about
what a blessing it is to find and have

one
true
love

Me and "my Winston"

You and "your Winston"

And as we now journey ahead...

I cannot help but think of you

everyday

wondering how
remembering when
praying for

because I realize

that when you've been with someone for years...
loved someone for years...

it is hard is hard to live a day without them

So for now we just...

face the days ahead
by remembering the days behind

while eagerly waiting for That Day 

when we
are all

together again


No comments:

Post a Comment