Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 11... Through the Lens of Grace

Day 11... Thanks



I give thanks...

for daily bread
for Peace
and place to rest my head
for love and joy
through Calvary
 the life you gave
to set me free!
____________________________________
"When It's Time to Thank God
For Your Name in Lights"
(originally posted 11/01/12)

Last night I had one of those moments... again

My hubby had given the children "glow sticks"
turned off all of the lights in our home
and I was providing the lovely sound effects

Then just as we were enjoying our
"family/ pre-bedtime/ glow-in-the-dark light show"
it happened...

The glow stick split open
sending my daughter into panic mode
as glow juice dripped onto her clothes and skin

"Is it poison, Is it POISON!?" she asked hysterically

(Hmmm? Good question, bad timing... I thought to myself)

"Go wash it off and change clothes" I instructed her,
and as she headed upstairs what I said next shocked even me

"Don't worry, it's not poison.  I accidently swallowed some of that stuff one time when I was about your age.  I'm still here."

And I had forgotten that incident until I heard the words actually leaving my mouth 

which left me to consider...

how many other amazing things I may have forgotten
how many other moments of gratitude and grace I've let slip away
how many other times I've forgotten to say "thanks"

And so...

for this and all of those other times I may have forgotten
or not known to say it

"Thank You, Jesus!" 

You are awesome
and I am so grateful for the opportunity to

enjoy
laugh
sit

here

with (half) my name in lights!

1 comment: