Friday, October 14, 2016

Day 14... Through the Lens of Grace

Day 14: Mail



He shot me dead...

right there in the middle of the grocery store

"Boom"... came the sound from his tiny voice box

one word
shot dead

by a 3-year-old whose mother never even seemed to notice that

the toy gun she allowed to be placed into his tiny hands
the toy gun gripped by chubby innocence and accompanying sound effect

pointed
aimed
fired

and

"Boom"

directly at me as I passed by...

The same evening when I got home, my ballot was in the mail
and I knew exactly

why
and
how

I had come to be murdered by a 3-year-old while buying groceries

And I too am holding a weapon



because

my voice matters
his tiny voice matters

and the time has come to

point
aim
fire

"Boom"

4 comments:

  1. Oh friend, my heart hurts for you and with you! Black Lives Matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara. Getting shot by a three year old is so unexpected, but an eye-opening experience for sure!

      Delete
  2. Tondra, our voice does matter. I pray that all believers across this nation will use their voice like a bullet/weapon to pierce through political jargon and permeate a place of rest. We need to make a difference and often times it just takes one voice. Blessings to you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tondra, I'm your next-door neighbor at Five-Minute-Friday. I'm sorry to hear about your unnerving experience in the grocery store. Sometimes Moms just don't realized the impact of allowing their boys to have toy guns at such a young age. My boys lived the deprived boyhood of not having toy guns because I felt it set a bad precedent for their teen years.
    May your day be blessed,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete