Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Day 26... Through the Lens of Grace

Day 26... Confront


Confront the truth
Confront the lies
Confront your fears
Confront your failures
Confront the facts
Confront the fact...

that He's already 

confronted and conquered
death

so that we can now daily

confront and conquer
life
____________________________

"How This Christian Girl Finally Learned to Curse
(originally posted 3/31/15)

I am a 38 year-old Christian female...

who has just recently learned to curse

It's shocking, I know
as I can hardly believe it myself

and wonder...

How did I get here?

and

Why did it take so long?

I, like so many others
who were introduced to Christ as a child

learned to

pray
praise
read His Word

tell others about

His goodness
His plan
His provision

and live a life dedicated to His service

But my 23 years...
(on this side of the cross)

have also taught me

that this Christian walk

almost
always
also

involves a fight!

Whether its...

spiritual
emotional
physical

we have to fight on every side

against

the flesh
the enemy
the world

because we're fighting the good fight of faith

And so as I recently

remembered
read
reconsidered

the passage of Scripture found here...

and as I really thought about...

my journey
my life
my experiences

and really thought about Christ...

His journey
His life
His experiences

and about how everything that He did
was for us

the words of Jesus penetrated my heart
and I realized that I was living far too passively

AND...

that not only
did I need to learn to confront that which is

unfruitful
unproductive
unyielding

in my life

I needed to be teaching my children this as well

(because after all, the best way to learn to curse is from your mother, right?)



And so without apology

I curse...

perversion
poverty
pain

disease
division
depression
I curse...

fear
foolishness
failure

and everything else
that tries to exalt itself above God
I curse...

laziness, ineffectiveness, bitterness

and any
and all

confusion attempting to manifest

in my life
in my mind
in me
I curse all...

forces
thoughts
ideologies

that do not align with the Sovereign Will of God
because at the end of days His Will is the only thing that will stand

This Christian girl has finally learned to curse because

He lived
He died
He was buried
and when He rose again with all power
it reversed the curse

allowing for complete

healing
triumph
victory

so that now
without

fear
regret or
remand...
I curse             







No comments:

Post a Comment