Saturday, October 29, 2016

Day 29... Through the Lens of Grace

Day 29: Date


Remembering a date with destiny...
______________________________

"Discovering Destiny... in the Dead Sea"
(originally posted 9/9/13)

When our younger cousin Destiny shared her experiences from Israel, I was enthralled

I remember when she was still a child
with that same beautiful smile

and seeing her now
hearing her now

appreciating the beautiful woman

she has become
will become
is becoming

wells up more feelings of gratitude

Only God could travel with someone

to the "lowest point on earth"
to show them the highness of the position

to which He has called them

What an amazing work He

has done
will do
is doing

and it makes me smile at the irony of

finding purpose and
discovering destiny in the Dead Sea 



She writes...

Out of all the things I’ve seen in my lifetime, the Dead Sea has got to be one of the most beautiful sites I have ever encountered. At its first glance I doubted it as a reality, but the more I gazed at it, the heavier my heart was.

All I could think of was how amazing of a creator our God is.

The Dead Sea is the lowest part of the earth;
a little over 1,300 feet below sea level and is a sea full of salt that allows you to literally float without effort. As I floated in the water I asked God, “Why me Lord?”

Little old me: Destiny Dixon.

All I am is a mere testimony who acknowledges that it is only by God’s grace that my “Why me Lord?” question is not one conceived in confusion, depression, agony, or hatred.

Although it once was,

it now flows from sincere gratitude.

Why do you continue to bless me?

In such a vast world, God thought enough about me to wipe away every tear, remove doubt, break chains and strongholds, erase bitterness, and then bless me exceedingly and abundantly. In his grand creation, he looked past my imperfections, and decided to show me how much he loves me; this he does every single day.

Little old me.

The lowest point on earth may be ordinary to some,
but it is extraordinary to me.

Why you ask?

Because…

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him?”  –Psalms 8:3-4

(post reprinted with permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment