Sunday, October 30, 2016

Day 30... Through the Lens of Grace

Day 30: Cut


Nothing hurts more than being cut by someone you love
(but sometimes cuts are necessary)

the Word
the Gospel
the truth

cuts

and with the birth of my
first born

I learned
first hand 

that a cut is much better than a tear

because nothing heals

quicker
cleaner
faster

than a "grace cut"
_____________________________

"On The Quest to Cure Boredom... Let's Learn to Sew"
(originally posted 8/14/15)

I came out of the store...

smiling
quickly got in the car
and immediately pulled out my purchase

My husband looked over at me as he backed out of the parking space and asked...

"What is that?"

"Fabric remnants... your daughter wants to learn how to sew"

and I was excited because
I also learned how to sew by making doll clothes

measure
cut
sew

a skill that has come in handy
a skill that I want to cultivate again
a skill that I want to teach BOTH of my children

(because I believe that boys should learn to sew too)

and I know that...

the best way to learn something new
is to attach it to something you love...

No comments:

Post a Comment