Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Day 4... Through the Lens of Grace

Day 4... Brew


morning brew
morning brew
life without you
what to do?
 
keep on my pajamas
stay in the bed
pull up the covers
over my head
 
pull and tug
kick and scream
grace and gratitude
need caffeine!
_____________________________________
 
"Trading In My Coffee Mug"
(originally posted 2/7/14)
 
Where's my COFFEE??" I began to scream from the inside out
until what was silently spoken began to leak out...

I can't function without my coffee

I need coffee

You promised coffee

How do you expect me to work on a SATURDAY...
with no COFFEEEEE?

and moments later

my manager
and then next
my supervisor

each brought me a cup of the stuff that I was craving

and I was happy but wondering...

Is this what addiction feels like?

And my mind drifted back to the days when I used to drink
homemade fruit and veggie creations like...
"Morning Surprise"
Cucumber, Celery, Parsley, Pear, and a Pink Lady Apple (not pictured)
 

"My Breakfast Medley"
Spinach, Carrot, Strawberry, Orange
 
"Berry Blast"
Strawberries, Blueberries, Grapes, Carrot
 
"Pink Lady Delight"
Spinach, Tomato, Grapes, and 2 Pink Lady Apples

And if I remember correctly during those days
 
 
I also felt
better
lighter
 
 
(and I certainly wasn't screaming belligerently for coffee)
And so
 
I've decided that maybe a few days a week
I will trade in my morning brew for...

"A Cup of Green Goodness"
Spinach, Kiwi, Banana, Pear, Pineapple

Because after all, you cannot truly celebrate love unless you are living at your best!

2 comments:

  1. I love your words and blog~! :) Hope you're having a great week, looking forward to reading more, fellow writer.~

    ReplyDelete