Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Reason We Create Vision Boards

Although we are already in the middle of the month
I wanted to take five-minutes to share this today...

we are visual beings
and for many of us

seeing

is believing
is knowing
is doing

so we start the year by creating vision boards!

But...

What exactly is a vision board?

A vision board is a place to display

words
pictures
sentiments

that express or represent
the Godly desires for our lives

It can capture...

personal
career
family

current or future goals

Why a vision board?

Where there is no vision, the people perish: Proverbs 29:18a

And...

because we are such "busy little creatures of habit"
we often need an interruption to our habitual patterns
in order to initiate long-term change or results

And...

(when thoughtfully and intentionally created)

vision boards can provide daily...

visibility and
accountability

as well as provide a future...

frame
of reference

for what has been accomplished because

If... it's on the board
And... it's in God's will

the only thing that can stop you from reaching your goal
is you


So, what is your 2017 vision?

4 comments:

  1. I've never been too good at this sort of vision board making -- I can't even keep up a pinterest account -- but I love the idea! I guess my version of a vision board is a long word document with a list of goals and hopes for 2017. I suppose my vision is right now is writing enough to create a second poetry collection and finding ways to practice better hospitality to family and friends.

    Visiting from the FMF linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen Rose! The beauty of the vision board is that there is no right or wrong way to create one. Just find what speaks to you and go!!! Sounds like you already have an intentional vision in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I need to make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vision board is awesome! I have always wanted to make one but I really never knew where to begin. I love your reasons for creating one. I have a huge box full of old Real Simple magazines. I think I'll give it a shot next weekend.

    Have a lovely day! Oh dropping by from FMF. :)

    ReplyDelete