Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sing Like a Bird

I was working at my desk when I heard it...

beautiful sound
hint of praise
promise of spring

and I looked out of the window

to search
to find

him and
his song

Can you see him?

loud

and powerful
and clear

as he sat perched there singing his little heart out

and as I sat back down at my desk and continued typing
I couldn't help but smile because I could still hear him

over

radio
keystrokes
office noise

and through a glass window

(he refused to let any barrier overpower his beautiful song)

because

"I sing because I'm happy"... he sang
"I sing because I'm free"

(then I joined in)

because

what's the point of even singing a beautiful song

loud

and powerful
and clear

if no one can still hear it

over
through

even while in the midst of...

their office noise

No comments:

Post a Comment