Saturday, May 27, 2017

Today Will Be the Last Time We "Visit"

Time and opportunity
had kept me away for too long...

work
children
church

responsibilities
cares of life

so writing
had been put on the back burner

over a low flame
that kept burning

warming me
waking me
welcoming me

early today as I decided to just

stop by
check in
sit down and chat

(for five minutes)

grateful for

the moments spent here
the connections
the joyful interactions

and discovering that
today will be the last time we visit in this space

because by next Friday...

we will all be home


Thank you Kate for "everything" and congratulations FMF Family!
(So excited about the "new space")

9 comments:

  1. Lovely! Happy Weekend and looking forward to reading your posts in the new space. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The new space is lovely isn't it? I'll look for you over there, Larri!

      Delete
  2. Visiting as your FMF neighbor. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you neighbor... so glad to be back!

      Delete
  3. Tondra,
    Nothing is permanent. To every season, a purpose. Wishing you new blessings for your upcoming season and thanking God for the visits you had with us. I have thought at times about leaving, but I am still here. And you can still visit anytime! #48

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm not supposed to "edit", but I changed my title to make it a little less confusing/misleading. (Five minutes is not a lot of time to convey my thought sometimes). Anyway Mary, I'm not leaving FMF... no way! Just transitioning over to the new site next week. I still receive the blessings! Your comment was very thoughtful.

      Delete
  4. Tondra, I have been so grateful for your warm friendship and your wisdom. You are a blessing to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to visit, I enjoyed your poem and look forward to visiting on the new home!

    ReplyDelete