Saturday, June 24, 2017

Build Something That Will Stand

The word for this week is perfect!

five minute friday

So...

yesterday
work
staff development day

and I knew it was going to be an amazing day
when our group facilitator started with my

1979 hit

then after we settled down
a closer look at our core values

(through an activity)

The task?
Build the tallest structure using drinking straws

The challenge?
Must be steady enough to stand alone

The outcome?
My group completed and won the challenge!

See that piece of blue painter's tape? 
(Shhh... we were the only group to use ours)


Then...

when reporting back to the larger group
our facilitator asked us the key to our success

(and a lot was said, but I will not bore you with those details here)

bottom line

because
we
had

discussed
supported
worked together

we built something that could stand

4 comments:

  1. What an excellent reminder about the key to being steady! It's amazing what we can build in the world and in our hearts when communicate, support one another and work together. Thanks for sharing! #fmf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tondra, I loved how you used steady here! I'm going to try building something steady out of straws with my boys..should keep them busy for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great example! Working together makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete