Saturday, July 1, 2017

The Blessing of Opened Doors... and Closed Ones

It wasn't that long ago...

five minute friday

I complained

of lack
of privacy

every time I turned around
a door opening

(with a small child behind it)

in the bathtub
on the toilet
in bed resting

"Mommy"...

it didn't matter where I was

closed doors being pushed open

by

small
chubby
fingers

was the norm

(even when all I wanted was)

a moment of silence
five minutes
alone
And now...

I sit in silence
for hours
alone

house quiet
teenagers sleeping

secluded
barricaded

inside their rooms with
closed doors


and I can see how times have changed
and I smile,

truly grateful for

the journey
the experience
the blessing

of opened doors...

(and even closed ones)


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, touching journey. A tangible reminder to count every moment, as blessing. Thank you for sharing. FMF #81

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww very nice sentiment Tondra! Linking up from FMF #76

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was lovely! I'm ready to count the blessing of my oldest moving back out on her own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tondra,
    I'm finally back on FMF again and came looking for you. :) And well, here you were.
    I'm glad you are able to cherish each step with your children. Your love is so evident in all your posts.
    And I've missed your poetry!
    Love,
    Tammy
    (#62 this week. The prompt is "play")

    ReplyDelete