Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Lesson from Mary... Remember Who He is


We were on the flight home from vacation (when I couldn't help but overhear) as the passenger in the seat ahead of me sat explaining the in-flight movie to her grandson

Her words caught my ear...

"Jesus"
"God's son"
"Mary, His Mother"

and as I peaked over her shoulder

there was a cross
an angry mob
and Jesus

spilling Blood...


The actress playing the role of Mary was convincing
as she silently mouthed the words "my son"

and right there
in that moment

at 40,000 feet
traveling 550 mph

I learned
I realized
I finally understood

that the only way that she could have

stood there
watched
endured

that moment

was by remembering

who He was
the revealed plan and the purpose of His life

The only way that she survived that heart wrenching moment
was in remembering that

This was ordained by Him

Last week...

when we arrived home from work
we were met with an unbelievable sight

Water gushing
Exposed pipes
House destroyed

with our ceiling now on the floor



And its funny how in that moment I found my way back to Mary

as I stood on soggy carpet
looking at the gaping hole where the ceiling once was and telling myself...

"This was ordained by Him"

and then I really

learned
realized
finally understood

that the only way any of us can ever

stand
watch
endure

life's heart wrenching moments
is if we also remember...

who He really is

(click to see the rebuilding of our house)

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That is quite a thing to learn in August. Way better than my learning that Ron Swanson and Tammy 2 from Parks and Rec are married in real life.

    Thank you for sharing this with us, Tondra Denise! What a beautiful perspective you have. I hope the clean up wasn't too overwhelming for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to
    mention that I've truly loved surfing around your blog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope
    you write once more very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Caleb. Few days ago. i published a article
    about the best gynecological clinic address in Hanoi.
    Hope you read and feedback your review to me. Tks. Here is
    my article link: http://bit.ly/2STmuTE

    ReplyDelete