Saturday, January 11, 2020

Exploring Art and Culture (Chinese New Year)

Exploring Art and Culture

provides opportunities to expand our knowledge,
share of ourselves, and try new things as we grow together

also check out...

Celebrating Black History
Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Native American Heritage Month
------------------------------------



"Make happy those who are near,
and those who are far will come"

-Ancient Chinese Proverb



Set up a tea party and in-house museum to
highlight books and cultural artifacts


------------------------------------------------

Cleversticks
by Bernard Ashley


Activity:
Purchase bamboo chopsticks and allow children to discover
the fine motor coordination required for chopstick mastery 

 
 

Chinese New Year
Saturday, January 25, 2020
Gung Hay Fat Choy!


Expand your knowledge and visit the
Chinese American Museum in Los Angeles...

it's FREE!

(re-adapted post from 1/17/18)

4 comments:

  1. I noticed in your collection of books Tiki Tiki Tembo. I remember reading that book to my class when I was a teacher many years ago. I still can't remember Tiki's full name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tikki Tikki Tembo No Sa Rembo Chari Bari Ruchi Pip Peri Pembo... has fallen into the well! During my first year as a teacher's assistant, the Lead teacher owned the Scholastic tape version of this book. It was my first time hearing the story and 20 years later I can still remember the name!

      Delete
  2. I forgot to mention that your pictures remind me of when our homeschool group in Santa Barbara, CA would take a yearly train trip to Los Angeles. There would always be a small group of us who would go to Chinatown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina!! Yes, thank you! I also share free or low cost "field trip opportunities" with my group (places families can visit with their children to extend learning)... and The Dragon Parade in Chinatown was on the list! There is also the Lantern Festival hosted by the Chinese American Museum in March. I'll try to incorporate more of these in the future as we continue exploring Art and Culture. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete