Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Jesus Smelled Good

She was about three at the time...

the day

my daughter
and I

walked up to the altar
after Bible Class to speak to our Pastor

he saw us coming
and waited for us

The next day as my daughter was preparing for nap
I sat next to her rubbing her back

when just as she dozed off

her

sweet
little
voice

whispered

"Mommy, last night at Bible Class... Jesus smelled good"

I blinked
then smiled

realizing in that brief moment

that she had mixed up

the man with
the message

She thought our Pastor was Jesus
and although I corrected her

that

sweet
little
whispering voice

has stayed with me for years

"Jesus smelled good"

and I realize that she was on to something...

we should all "be" Jesus

as

we live
we work
we interact

passing one another throughout the day

the fragrance of God should be upon us

sweet
fresh
vibrant

to awaken

the senses of those around us
and linger

No comments:

Post a Comment