Friday, January 25, 2019

Your Natural Birth

We like to take the easy

uncomplicated
convenient

path in life

searching
seeking
chasing

hoping to attain

peace
balance
joy

for our

lives
careers
relationships

with minimal effort

but giving birth is seldom

effortless
pain free

and even if you're blessed to have...

a great pregnancy
an easy labor
a smooth delivery

your muscles must still contract
you must still bear down
you must still push

in order
to have a natural birth



What will you birth?

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this gorgeous reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jae, be encouraged with whatever you are attempting to "birth" this year. God's grace be with you!

      Delete
  2. Thought provoking!
    Simplicity is on trend right now, but ironically not at all easy to obtain. Life is interesting, that's for sure... This piece was really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Misty... you're right. Simple is not so simple after all!

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping to birth a healthier me. My nurse practitioner was not happy with my weight gain and neither was I. My bloodwork results were awful.
    I'm on a weight loss program called Sparkpeople and oh the walking and exercise challenges can be so difficult. But I know the results will be rewarding. Today I got my devotions and Bible and today's topic by Charles Stanley was about our bodies being the temple for the Holy Spirit. Sigh..
    Anyway, I want to honor God with this body and though the "birth" process is difficult, the results will be rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! It is a daily walk... a daily decision to get up and do what we are supposed to do. Each day we must (decide again) to trust God as we work toward physically, spiritually, and emotionally healthier lifestyles. Ms Regina, as always, I appreciate you stopping by to share your thoughtful comment!

      Delete
  4. Nothing but truth here. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete